Sunday, September 1, 2013

Training Recap: Week 10

Week 10 already. I didn't post a week 9 update, because I didn't run at all. Instead, I focused on physio and resting my knee. 

Monday August 26

I tried a short run today, only to the beach and back, which totaled 2.5 k. It was a good run, with no knee pain at all, during or after.

Distance: 2.5 km
Time: 14:15
Average Pace: 5:42/km

Splits

1 - 5:36
2 - 5:53
3 - 2:47 (5:32 min/km pace)


Wednesday August 28

Ran 5k today. Not a great run; no pain, but no endurance either. Lack of hydration, or lack of training lately? Probably both. I did the beach run twice. I really enjoy this out-and-back route, and I don't mind doing it twice to make the 5k. It's pretty convenient, actually. 

Anyway, yeah, not a great run. It was one of those runs that make me think "there's no way I'll be bale to do a half marathon!". I am anxious about my training schedule being so off-track. My physiotherapist told me not to run more than 5k at a time, 3 times a week... but I'm afraid that I won't get in the distance training I'll need for the half. 

Distance: 5 km
Time: 28:21
Average Pace: 5:40/km

Splits

1 - 5:43
2 - 5:56
3 - 5:43
4 - 5:33
5 - 5:24

Sunday September 1

September! For my "long run" today, I set out for 6k. Actually, I was only going to do 5k, but I felt pretty good at the 2k point so I decided to do an extra one. :)  I ran the River Rd, which I haven't run in a while because I thought that maybe the hill was causing the knee pain. I love running down TDH, so now that I know it's not the hill causing the knee pain, I figured it's fair game again. 

I wore my "old" sneakers today. These are the sneakers I bought about a year ago, just after I started running. Shortly after buying them, I got a strange pain in my foot, so I got different sneakers (given to me by my mom) and the pain went away. I really liked the old ones, thought, because they are REALLY light. But I noticed that when running down TDH, my feet went slap slap slap with each step. LOL I'm sure people a mile away could hear me! I don't think I'll wear them for every run, but it was a nice change to have nice light sneakers today. 

So, no knee pain (and no foot pain from the sneakers either). I've been doing my physio exercises every night, and am up to the maximum of 2 sets of 20 on each side. I added in a few other things, too like clamshells (thanks for that suggestion, Courteney), and planks (gotta catch up to Heather and her 3 minute plank!)

Distance: 6 km
Time: 33.17
Average Pace: 5:32/km

Splits

1 - 5:19
2 - 5:30
3 - 5:47
4 - 5:24
5 - 5:38 - I think this is the fastest I've ever run 5k (27:38)
6 - 5:36

2 comments:

  1. Slow and Steady and you'll be back on track with your running. You are playing it smart!! Looks like the Lucky 7 will be good for both of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're on the mend. :)It looks like you're doing all the right things to aid in your recovery.

    I'm so glad people like you and Courteney are frequent blog updaters...if that's a word, lol. I enjoy reading both your blogs and was so happy when Courteney nominated us for the Shine award! I also put Swift fox as one of my nominations too. :)

    ReplyDelete