Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Downgrade

I just sent in my request to have my race registration changed from the half to the 10k.

I know I COULD do the half, but then I'd risk actually damaging my knee/hip.

I'm sad and disappointed.

Hopefully I'll get stronger and will be able to run a half in a few months... maybe the Hypothermic Half in Feb/March.

Another thing that I'm sad and disappointed about is that I called the Salvation Army so I could volunteer with the soup kitchen or food bank, and they have no openings until late November! Which is great, for them, that they aren't wanting for volunteers, but I really wanted to get in there.

3 comments:

  1. You did the smart thing...and now that the stress is off trying to increase mileage and such, you'll find that you actually enjoy the running a bit more...at least I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was the right thing to do, but it still sucks! LOL

      Delete
  2. Hey Erin,
    You'll get your 1/2 in I'm certain of it. Possibly the Bluenose??? :) I hope I see you at PEI. I'll definitely be wearing some flashy socks so keep an eye out for me! LOL.

    ReplyDelete