Thursday, October 3, 2013

MIA (or maybe MII) and Halloween prep

I've been missing in action, I know... or maybe that should be missing in inaction. I haven't gone running since I decided to do the 10k at the PEI marathon. I've been discouraged, disappointed and unmotivated. I finally ran 5k on Tuesday.

I have, however, started Halloween costumes.

There's a Halloween race in Kensington, and they encourage runners to dress up. I've dressed up for the past few years, with Little Fox (and I've put together/made/sewn every costume myself ). Last year I went as Howard from Big Bang Theory, and Little Fox was Astro boy...
(check out that Beatles wig and Nintendo belt buckle!)
2012

and the year before that I was the Cat in the Hat, and Little Fox was "Oshie the Dog" (Grand Fox's dog's name is Oshie). 
2011
Little Fox's other costumes are below... 

2010: Deviled Egg

2009: Clan Carr Scottish Highlander, complete with sporran and 

2008: No trick or treating for this 6 month old, so we just dressed him in his orange sweater that his great grandmother made.
So anyway (sorry about that tangent down memory lane), this year, I tried to come up with something that was running related, since it's a 5k run. I settled on something that isn't REALLY running related. LOL A gingerbread man. You know, run-run-run, as fast as you can, cant catch me, I'm the gingerbread man...? I'm just going to stitch some felt piece onto brown jogging pants and a hoodie I already have. I better get started because it's all hand-stitching so that it'll be easy to remove. 

Of course, Little Fox then changed him mind from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle to gingerbread man. I thought that was a little cutesy for a 5 year old boy, so I suggested a ZOMBIE gingerbread man. He liked that idea so we'll go with that. I already have the pants and shirt sewn, so there's no going back now! I can't wait to get it finished. :)





3 comments:

  1. Don't be disappointment girl....you are still running!! Whenever I get done on myself, I think of why I run...because I love the time to myself, the stress relief, and just knowing that I am staying healthy. Run for those reasons! You can do it. You definitely need to get in a bit more mileage before you run the 10k though. I know you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin,

    I know how it feels to literally get the motivation sucked out of you. I literally 'broke up with running' last Wednesday when I got the Boston Email. :( (Running and I have recently gotten back together...lol). I just made new goals and am now working towards them. It's hard sometimes, but you can totally do it if I can. :)

    ReplyDelete