Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

It started yesterday with pumpkin carving, of course!

I love this pic, cause you can see that he's making an "ew" face.


I had him draw the face he wanted, and then I cut it out. I love it. :)

Today, at school, the kids weren't supposed to wear costumes. They had "Orange and Black" day instead. He had this bright orange shirt, but it had "I love my beach" written on the front (from the beach clean-up a few months ago), so I made the black and orange pumpkin thing to stitch on the front. I love it with the striped shirt under it!


I didn't have much of a Haloween-themed lunch planned, but I did give him mini-pizzas with ham cut into a pumpkin and a ghost (yes, that thing on the top pizza is a ghost... weirdest cookie cutter ever).


For supper, I made stuffed orange pepper pumpkins.


Then we got dressed (I wore my gingerbread man sweater, but I pretended to be half grown-up and wore jeans). Here he is, doing his best "zombie" impression.


I was surprised at him when we were trick-or-treating. We stopped at a few houses near home, and then went to Kensington. We did 2 short streets... MAYBE 20 houses, and then he said he was done! I kept telling him we can keep going and get more candy, but nope, he was done. So, I'm glad that he wasn't being greedy, but... what kid wants to STOP getting candy?? We visited with A and LA for a bit, and then came home. Silver Fox said that we had no trick or treaters! He may or may not be going to school tomorrow with remnants of face paint around his eyes! 

Happy Halloween, everyone!

PS. How many trick-or-treaters did you get? What was the best costume you saw? 

3 comments:

  1. Erin, you are very Martha Stewart-esque! I always feel uncreative when I read your blogs...lol.

    I love the stuffed peppers...how cute!

    And after a crazy day with 6-7 year olds dressed as batman, spider man, princesses, zombies, pickles??? , Scooby doo, cheerleaders, bumblebees and transformers, I think I like Orange and black day! ;)

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a message, guess Blaine didn't want to talk ????. We had 10, hope Kenzie had a good night. love Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I LOVE the pumpkin stuffed peppers! I agree with Heather- very Martha Stewart-esque:)

    ReplyDelete