Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Full-House for Thanksgiving

We had a really great weekend. My whole family was here so we had a full house. Full enough that I slept with Little Fox!

Alex and Alex arrived late Friday, and stayed in the guest house. They brought the dogs, so even Molly had company! Dad and Mom and Scott come on Saturday. For some reason, I can't remember what we all did on Saturday. I know it included collecting potatoes, a bon fire, and roasting a duck. We had duck for supper, which is something I had never eaten before, but enjoyed.

On Sunday, mom put in turkey number 1, and later in the day we went to Scott's brothers for dinner. Lots of really good food there! Mom, Little Fox and I wandered the property and played Pooh Sticks on the Dunk River.



Alex certainly earned his keep this weekend. He replaced the kitchen tap, fixed the light switches, replaced the ceiling fan in the fireplace room, cleaned rain gutters and cleaned the chimney!!



We had our family dinner on Monday at about noon. Mom and I got up at 6 and got Turkey Two into the oven. We then spent the rest of the morning preparing everything else... stuffing (additional stuffing... other than what we already put in the turkey), potatoes, carrots, turnip, cranberries, pumpkin pie and apple crisp. Little Fox helped with the pumpkin pie.

Everyone left by about 2 that afternoon, so I decided to tackle Little Fox's bedroom.

Before: at this point, I was already about 20 minutes in. 

After: Little Fox said that his new rule is to put things back. 

It was a nice, family-filled yet productive weekend. :)


1 comment: