Thursday, October 24, 2013

Race Photos! And a virtual 5k

Since the moment I got home from the PEI marathon, I've been checking marathon-photos.com constantly for finish line photos! They JUST posted them! Finally!



I really like the second one, and I want to buy it, but not for 30 dollars!!

Just a quick update on my "Race to 100km". I'm up to 67 so far! Not bad, considering I missed 6 DAYS! So if I run an average of 4km every day til the end of the month, I'll make it! 

Also, I signed up for a virtual 5k today. It's a Team In Training fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. There are 2 bloggers organizing it, one is Canadian and the other American, so they are trying to see which team will have the most members. So come on Canadian Runners, sign up! So basically, it's a 20 dollar donation, you get a race bib, you run 5k any time between Nov 8 and 15th and send them your finish photo to get your MEDAL which they will mail to you. Details are here:

4 comments:

  1. If you can find someone with a Mac computer, there is a program that will take the copyright stuff out of the picture for you.
    I like the idea of a virtual 5k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Interesting. I do know someone, I'll see if they can do it! I don't mind the copyright stuff in this photo, since it's not across my face.
      I like the idea of a MEDAL for a virtual 5k! LOL

      Delete
  2. Your pics are great Erin! I actually like the ones you took of me better than my race photos. You're hired for my next run! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll hide in your luggage for your next Boston run! :)

      Delete