Friday, October 18, 2013

PEI Marathon weekend countdown

2 days. I'm bummed. Like, "don't even wanna talk about it" kind of bummed. When I emailed to switch back to the 10k, they had already ordered the race bibs so I'll have to switch at race kit pick-up. I'm seriously tempted to just go get my race bib and do the half. I won't though.

Little Fox is running the Spud Run on Saturday. He did it last year and he was hilarious. He's excited to do it again this year. I hope it's warmer than it was last year! For both races... it was 2 degrees last year!!

I'm behind on my "run 100k this month" thing, but I can still do it. Silly me for thinking I'd be able to run for an hour on Thanksgiving weekend... what with the 6 hours of cooking, eating 2 big meals, etc. I'll run 3 or 4 today, and take tomorrow off before the 10.

Next weekend is the Halloween Run in Kensington. I was planning on doing the 5k, but I think I'll run the 2k family run with Little Fox so we can both wear our costumes. I'd get Red Fox to "run" it with him, but his knee is still really bad, so he'll have to be the designated photographer. :)




3 comments:

  1. That really sucks :( I was lucky that my knee was bad enough early enough that I had a pretty good idea I wouldn't be running before I got too far into my training plan. Good for you for listening to your body and not pushing for the half. It will come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the weekend and I look forward to reading your race recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin I think it's awesome you can do the 10 k with the injury and all. :) Try to enjoy it and kick some butt, but not mine. ;)

    Hope to see you!
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete