Saturday, October 5, 2013

Potatoes

This post is going to be about a little bit of everything, and mostly photos.

On the way home from Kensington a few days ago, there was a rainbow. And then after that, the sunset was beautiful.
This is over the little pond they call the Lake of Shining Waters (across from the Anne museum)
The lighthouse in the distance is at Cape Tryon.

Yesterday, we made a pumpkin boy. 

 Stuffing the pants
 I had a better one of this, but I loved the way Molly looked so happy in this picture.
 Little Fox and his new buddy
Little Fox wanted to take a picture of me too. He did a good job!

They finally started harvesting the potatoes in the field next to us. After they harvest, there are always some potatoes they missed or left behind, which will eventually rot. So we went out with some bags and picked some up. We got some really giant ones!

 Huge potatoes! 

We went to our first auction today, and got a nice old secretary's desk. Little Fox came with us and was pretty good during the whole thing, until he got hungry. After the auction, I went for a run. 

I ran 5k on Tuesday and Thursday, and 10k today. I can't post my times because my Garmin battery died, and I'm too lazy right now to hook it up. Today's run felt pretty good, but the last 2 kms were slow. I had one hell of a stitch in my ribs that would.not.go.away. and I had to stop a few times for some harvesting equipment to go by. They are as wide as the road, and I didn't want them to have to worry about me, so I just waited in driveways until they went by. I think I had to stop for 4 of them. So that's 20k this week... 20 down, 80 more to go!

And that about wraps it up!


2 comments:

  1. Way to go for getting the mileage on your feet!!! Looks like you've got a good base for obtaining your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really grumpy last week, but have been feeling better this week... I think there's a direct correlation between my mood and my running!

      Delete