Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Little Fox is 6!

Little Fox turned 6 yesterday! On Sunday, we had his birthday party. My dad, mom and stepfather came and stayed with us for a few nights. Thank GOD they were here, because that party was chaos. I always had respect for school teachers, but Little Fox's teacher must be one incredble teacher to be able to handle some of those kids!

I let Little Fox invite 8 kids from school. We also invited a family friend. Red Fox was on my case a little bit over the last few weeks because we didn't invite the whole class and he felt bad that some kdis felt left out. About 15 minutes after the kids arrived, he said "good call on not inviting the whole class".

We got everything all cleaned up, decorated and the cake made. I was prepared for some noise and some craziness.

 
 



 

Gift area

Coffee and tea. Lego spoon and sugar dishes (balloon plled up over a mason jar) and a lego "T"-bag box.

 
So then the kids arrived, and chaos ensued. They screamed. They ran. They jumped on furniture. They peed ALL over the bathroom. They pushed. They cried. After about 15 minutes, I sent them all outside. It was cold and wet, but I didn't care. More screaming, running, pushing, crying... my throat hurt from yelling at them to stop doing things, or don't go near the road, stop climbing the trees. 
After 45 minutes of outside play, we brought them in for cake and gift time.
 

I closely monitored these 2 boys. They were pretty good while under close supervision.


The cake gets the thumbs-up of approval. Only one thumb, though, I guess.

Cake cutting with a sword!

(No, I'm not pregnant. It just looks that way.)
 
 
After cake and presents, there was about 20 minutes before parents came, so I said they can either play with the lego, or watch netflix. I sat at the lego table and the kids were great. Little Fox said he had a fun party, so I guess it was a success. He said that some of the kids asked to come over for a playdate.
 
As soon as the last kid walked out the door, I had wine. There was a little bit left in the bottle that wouldn't fit in my glass, so I started to drink it out of the bottle just as the last parent drove past the kitchen window. Jeeze, Erin, have some self control. I hope she didn't see me!
 
 Little Fox spent some time putting together one of the lego sets he got, and we all enjoyed the quiet and calm.

 

 On monday, his actual birthday, he got some gifts from the grndparents in the morning and then went to school. I took some cupcakes to his class, and he said they sang happy birthday to him. After school, we put together another lego set, and then went to the Frosty Treat for supper. He had his usual chicken fingers and fries. Then we took him to Summerside so he could pick out a few toys. He picked out some cars (of course) and a dinosaur bone kit. He was asleep in seconds, so I think he had 2 really fun days!
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow...that all sounds exhausting and I'm just reading it! Amazing job on the decorations and cake....your mom passed on her decorating/sewing talents for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome, Mackenzie had a good time. But maybe 3 kids next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing cake!! You def. don't look preggo, girl!

    ReplyDelete