Sunday, June 29, 2014

The itch to run... (haha)

The title of this post cracked me up. Here's why:

I had plans to start running again this week. About 3 weeks ago, I got an itchy spot on my back. Then I got a few more. And then a few more. They appeared ALL over my back, my arms and my neck. I made an appointment to see our NP, and she gave me a few prescriptions. At the pharmacy, the pharmacist was explaining the cream, and then she asked why I needed it. She asked if I had a specific rash (I can't remember the name) and she said, "Oh! I had that! It's worse if you exercise or sweat." So... great. I'm putting off running, because it's itchy enough as it is!

But I'm still helping with the Learn to Run class. The ladies are up to run 3 minutes, walk 2 minutes. There were a few of them who said that they'd "NEVER" be able to run that, and I told them they'd be surprised. They all did it, and were all smiling at the end! Everyone is doing really well. A lot of them have signed up for the Colour Run, and I just registed to volunteer.

I am still planning to run the 10k trail run in August. That's the plan.... hopefully this rash will go away ASAP and I can get back out there!

2 comments:

  1. Did the doctor say what caused the rash? It's so inspiring to see new runners realize what they are capable of doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea. If it is that particular rash, it's viral and could last up to 8 weeks! But I'm taking some allergy meds and I have some steroid cream, and it seems to be helping. I'm not nearly as itchy as I was before!

      Delete