Saturday, January 26, 2013

Books

I finally thought of something to do with Little Fox that is close to home and free. The Library! He loves to be read to, and is really coming along with sounding out words himself.

We went to the K-Town library  and got some library cards. Little Fox has his very own card, and we brought his little wallet to put it in. After that, we headed over to the kids' section, and Little Fox immediately sat at the computer.


They had all these great games for kids to play that help with reading. He sat there for about 80% of the time we were there. I browsed the kids books, and chose a few that were "level 1" books that I knew would have words that he could read. I also got a few "educational" books for him. He's been asking about planets/space, and about bones lately, so I got a space book and a book about the body... skeleton, muscles, blood circulation, etc. We also got "Gnomeo and Juliet" so we can have a movie night tomorrow.

While I looked for a few books for me Little Fox "read" a book of his own.


The library had a pretty good kids section, but not a great selection for me. But I have trouble choosing books by the cover and on a whim. I like going in with a list of books on my "to read" list and hoping a few will be there. I picked 2, and then found a third that was on a display at the front.

In other news... the laundry is piling up, and there are a whole lot of frozen pipes in our lives right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment