Friday, January 25, 2013

Laugh, or I'll cry

Yesterday after work, I poured myself a glass of wine and put in a load of laundry. I had just settled in front of the fire with my word find book, when I heard splashing. I jumped up, and there was a geyser coming out of the drain pipe behind the washer. I hit cancel on the washer, and it stopped, but by that time, the water was flooding the hallway. I yelled for Red Fox, and he came out and helped me clean it up.

While Red Fox was mopping, I supplemented my glass of wine with some tylenol...


And then... I heard splashing again. This time, accompanied by some pretty words from Red Fox. He had just finished mopping up the water, and was trying to turn the washer off... only, he turned it back ON, and the hallway was flooded again.


We both should have known that the pipes would have been frozen. After all, it's a million below zero out there... so now, I have a washer full of sopping wet soapy clothes. But at least the hallway floor is clean....

No comments:

Post a Comment