Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fox Hunting

 Little Fox and I went outside to play in the snow. We went sliding down the little hill by Cottage 3, and threw Molly's ball for her. We were about to come inside when we spotted some fox prints in the snow. We followed them, but lost track under some big trees. Little Fox pretended he was stalking the fox across the field behind us.... so off we went... all the way across the field to the cliff by the shoreline. It was windy, but beautiful! I wish I had my camera with me... the sky was a dark blue-ish grey, and the ice out in the water was bright white.

When we got back home, we had some hot chocolate (or in Little Fox's case, some luke-warm chocolate milk). Little Fox noticed a bug on the floor, and it was bee! A huge one. Alive. I hit it with my boot, and then we investigated. We looked at his big eyes, his 6 legs, his head/thorax/abdomen, and looked for a stinger but didn't see one.

Now he's happily playing with his crane, bringing me "special deliveries".

No comments:

Post a Comment