Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Half Training Ver 2.0 - Week 3

I should have posted this on Sunday, but... better late than never!

OK. Last weekend, I didn't get my long run done, so I ran 8k on monday morning. It was a tough run to get through, and by 3k I wanted to quit! But I stuck it out and got it done. I thought it was going to be really slow, but it was only about 2 minutes longer than the 8k race I ran last summer. Which is really surprising because I am MUCH slower than last summer.

I ran 5k on Thursday, and then I attempted my long run on Saturday, because of the storm that was forecast for Sunday. I had 10k on the schedule. My plan was that I would run at about lunch time, so I had a lazy morning and had a late-ish breakfast, and planned to have a second breakfast before running. But I really hate waiting around to do things, so of course after I ate, I ran. I shouldn't have because my body wasn't prepared properly. About 4k in, my legs suddenly felt like wet noodles, and I was lightheaded. I have enough experience with my blood sugar to know that I wans't going to make it to 10k! I finished 5k, and went back inside. I planned to have a glass of milk and a little snack, but it didn't seem to help. Frustrated, but I should have known better!

So I'm about a week behind in my long run distances, but I'm not concerned. I know I'll get there!

2 comments:

  1. You are playing it smart in your training...great job. Listening to our bodies (which we know so well) is more important than getting the kilometers in. The hardest runs make us appreciate the easier ones and that is why we push through them. Great job Erin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will totally get there! I've had blood sugar issues in the past and that stuff can be scary!!!

    ReplyDelete