Sunday, December 23, 2012

Almost Christmas

 
This is our first Christmas in the Big House. Honestly, it seems like it's kind of an after thought this year. We've been packing, moving, putting away and just getting used to living here. I didn't even do any baking! I decorated back in November just because I figured it was easier to do it then than it would be to put the boxes away only to pull them out 2 weeks later. And up until now, I've only been here on the weekends. We're just winging it for now, and will tweak it next year.
 
We got our trees last week. Little Fox got his own special little tree that we put at the top of the stairs. We decorated it with red ornaments and some dinky cars. He had a great time, other than dropping and breaking one ornament.
 
 
 
But when we decorated the family tree, Red Fox dropped and broke one too, and Little Fox felt MUCH better then. My favorite part of the Christmas season is reading a book by the light of the tree. 

 
Today, it snowed. A little bit. Enough to make the ground white and to make me feel a little more Christmas-y. So I made some hot chocolate for Little Fox and I, and we sat at the counter and read some Christmas books. 


Our dog Molly LOVES the snow. I took her out to play for a few minutes to help get her in the spirit too.  



Tomorrow, Christmas Eve, is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment