Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Remember when I said that Christmas Eve is my favorite day? This year was the exception. I didn't sleep well the night before because I kept dreaming that I was ringing jingle bells outside of Little Fox's window. I was just grumpy in general. 
 
All day, I was cold. Around 3 in the afternoon, I checked the thermostat, and it was 4 decgrees colder than it should have been. You know what that means... yep... ran out of oil. On Christmas Eve. We called the oil company, and I got a lecture from the oil man. I mean, I understand that we were basically ruining his day... but I didn't need a lecture. I felt bad enough about it, and I was grateful that he would come out to deliver the oil. Anyway, since then, I've thanked God every time the furnace comes on.
 
So after I finally warmed up enough to take my hands out of my pockets, I poured a glass of wine and tried to shake my grumpy mood. Little Fox took a phone call from Santa, which completely blew his little mind. We had pancakes, bacon and peaches for supper... a special request from Little Fox. After that, we read the Nativity story, sang some songs, and hung out by the tree. At bed time, we read The Night Before Christmas, hung the Santa Key on the door knob, and left some cookies, milk and a carrot on the table for Santa and Rudolph. It took Little Fox about 3 seconds to fall asleep and then the flurry of Santa activity commenced. 
 
I'm worse than a kid at Christmas. Well, I'm way better than I was when I WAS a kid... at least I don't puke while opening presents any more. I was awake last night about 4 times, and then at about 5am, I just gave up trying to sleep and read until Little Fox jumped into bed with me, saying that he had to hurry so that Santa didn't see that he was out of bed.

 
We got Red Fox up and we headed downstairs to the tree. Little Fox had a great time, and was actually very patient, and excited about the gifts that everyone got. Little Fox got lots of books, games, and a Gameboy. 
 
(Gameboy Timeout)
 
Red Fox was quite happy with all his gifts, including the claymore sword I gave him. :)  (I'm all out of super-amazing Christmas gift ideas for Red Fox... not sure how I'm going to top it next year!)
 
And I was very pleased with the paint that Red Fox gave me for my office/sewing room, a ponytail running hat, and some new ear buds to use for running. AND... mom gave us a Kitchenaid mixer (yay!).
 
We had a small Christmas Dinner. You can tell by my plate that I'm just here for the stuffing. Also, it really sucks when you're all ready to make the gravy, and realize that you have no flour or corn starch. 


After dinner, we played a game of  Trouble, and then I put together the 250 piece k'nex Angry Birds game. Little Fox loves it, but finds it hard to launch the bird. We'll have to Tim-Taylor the slingshot.



No comments:

Post a Comment