Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blustery Day

It's a bit blustery out there today. I'm sitting in the sun room, watching the snow fly across the fields, and the branches fall out of the trees. I can't tell if it's actually snowing or if the snow is just blowing around.

It's been a pretty good day. Red Fox and I decided that the sewing room walls didn't need a third coat, so I peeled the tape off and started moving in. Here's the before photo:

 
I don't know who chose that green, but man was it uuuuggglllllyyy. Not only was it ugly, it was a mess. Whoever painted didn't tape anything off, so there are green smudges on the curtain rod brackets, the trim along the ceiling, AND the baseboards are also painted green.
 
Here are a few after photos.
 

 
I love love love the purple. I like the yellow, too, but not as much as the purple. I have a few things to hang on the walls, and I still need to get my computer from the office in NS, but it's almost finished! I need a bookcase (I'm sure there's one kicking around this old house that I can use) and curtains.
 
The sewing room will be finished when we get the rest of our things from NS. We have to touch up the white in both rooms too.
 
I also put away a few things in Little Fox's room today. I moved a tall bookshelf into his room so he has somewhere to put his toys, games and books since there isn't a closet in his room. I'm a little anxious about the shelf, and I won't be ok with Little Fox using it until Red Fox attaches it to the wall somehow. It's quite tall and leans forward a bit.
 
Tomorrow is race day! Should be interesting with all the snow we are getting today. Hopefully the wind dies down.
 
I think I found a running group! I've been googling like mad trying to find someone to run with in this area. There's a group of ladies who run in Ktown, so I'm getting some info now! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment