Monday, February 11, 2013

Drifting

I can NOT believe the drifts of snow here. I have no idea how much snow we got over the last 2-ish days... in some places we can see the grass, in other places, the drifts are about 7 feet tall. I went outside this morning to do some recon... I knew Little Fox would want to go out and play, but I wasn't sure if he'd fall through a spot that was over his head or what.

Red Fox wanted to do for a drive... and I said that we'd come too, just for fun. So off we went. Here's the thing. In PEI, the wind always seems to blow across the road. no matter WHAT road, or what direction you're going, the snow always seems to blow straight across the road. When there's this much snow, that means there are huge snow drifts across the roads. Our road and the River Road weren't plowed. Since everything around it white, it's REALLY hard to judge how high the drifts are. We hit the first big one with a WHOOMPH. There were a few that made me think we were being recklessly crazy, but for the most part, it was a fun drive. Then when we got back, we almost got stuck in the driveway.

After lunch, Little Fox and I went out to play (Molly too, of course). The big snow drift at the end of the driveway is about 10 feet wide from the fence to the front, and probably reaches at least 7 feet high at the back. We had a great time! Red Fox came outside too, and we all wandered around Foxfield, throwing snow for Molly and digging holes/tunnels through the drifts.







Now, the snow is all pink because of the red PEI dust blowing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment