Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas Countdown: Week 1

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I tried to come up with a Christmas-y activity for each day of December. Here's what we did this week:

Sunday, Dec 1: To kick off December, we went to the Kensington Christmas parade. We got some hot chocolate, and then found a good spot near the beginning of the route, which just happened to be beside a little girl from Little Fox's class. The kids had a great time catching candy and seeing Santa.

Monday, Dec 2: Little Fox came with me to volunteer with the Salvation Army Christmas Kettles. He stayed with me for 2 or my 4 hour shift, and he.was.awesome. He thought we should give out candy canes, so we bought a box of those little ones, and he handed them out. He was in charge of the show and got a LOT of donations. After he left, I had about 5 people donate. Obviously, I am not as cute or personable!



Tuesday, Dec 3: For the past few years, I've been making a Portable North Pole video message from Santa. Basically, you enter in the kid's name, age, a photo, and a few minor details, and they send you a link to a video. Little Fox actually ASKED about it this year, and I couldn't believe he remembered. So we watched the video that "Santa emailed me".

Wednesday, Dec 4: This was Little Fox's first snow day, so I thought that it would be a good day to write his letter to Santa.



It says:
Dear Santa.
If I been good or bad.
how old are you? I am 5.
I would like some video games.
I want big trucks please.
Thank you, from Mackenzie.

Thursday, Dec 5: While he was at school, I hung christmas lights in Little Fox's bedroom window. I left them plugged in, and just waited for him to see them. He was thrilled, and asked how they got there... I told him that it was Christmas Magic.

Friday, Dec 6: We went Christmas shopping so that Little Fox could get gifts for his family and friends.no photos, cause I don't want spoilers!

Saturday, Dec 7: We went to get our Christmas Tree! We went to a local farm to get one and thought we'd get to cut it ourselves. But they had a lot already cut, and they were all so nice, we just picked on of those.

Next week starts with decorating our Christmas tree tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment