Monday, December 2, 2013

December already!

It's December! Little Fox had been saying that "in December, it'll be winter. The snow will come," and I told him that it won't snow JUST because it's December, but he was right! Yesterday, Dec 1st, was our first "significant" snowfall of the season. Perfect timing.

On Saturday morning, I spent some time in the cottages, gathering up bedding/towels to be stored for winter. I also did some sewing, and made Molly a little Christmas Bow. She hates it, I'm sure, but that just makes me like it even more. LOL


I also made a table runner, which I love! I got the fabric for next to nothing.

Look at my giant nutcracker in the background. I collect them, and he's one of my favorites!

In the afternoon, Little Fox and I went to the movies to see Frozen. It was ok. Little Fox wasn't riveted like he is with some movies, and while the animation of the ice was beautiful, the movie as a whole wasn't a stunner. BUT it was a fun afternoon out, and Little Fox got to have popcorn and a slushie.


On Sunday, I FINALLY went for a short run. I took Molly with me, and she was pretty energetic for a change. She really loves winter, so I think she was just happy to be out in the snow. 


In December, I try to do one activity with Little Fox each day. Anything from community service to crafts. Some of the things on the schedule this year are: gingerbread house, WarmPEI (we gather up our old coats/hats/mitts/etc and donate them to a local shelter), Christmas tree excursion (we cut our own from a local tree farm), playing christmas games, making cookies, taking gifts to the nursing home, and of course visiting Santa! Yesterday, we went to the Kensington Christmas parade, which was a great way to kick off December! It was short and sweet, and we ran into one of Little Fox's friends from school. 

Tonight, we're volunteering with the Salvation Army to man the Christmas Kettles. I'm scheduled for a 4 hour time slot from 5-9, so I'll take Little Fox with me for about half of it, and then Red Fox will pick him up. We did this last year in Dartmouth, and Little Fox is awesome at getting people to pay attention and donate! He was singing and dancing and we had a little crowd of spectators at one point. I'm hoping he can do the same again tonight. I did this last week, too, and the donations were only trickling in, so I'm hoping Little Fox can work his magic again! 



2 comments:

  1. Great job teaching Little Fox the value in volunteering and giving to less fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those nutcrackers too! I need a big one like yours :)

    Molly's bow is super cute. Lola usually tries real hard to pull hers off. :) I have not had a run in 'real' snow yet. Just a few minor flurries.

    A lot of my students went to see Frozen too!

    ReplyDelete