Thursday, November 28, 2013

Motivation, Please!

I need some running motivation, please.

Anyone know of any challenges, or virtual races, or... Something? Anything?

I haven't been running since the Lucky 7... It's really hard to find time during daylight hours, and there aren't street lights anywhere around here, unless I drove the K-town and ran the streets there... which would then turn running into something I have to pay for (gas).

I know I CAN run during the day (on my lunch hour, for instance)... but I'm lacking the motivation. I need something to train for, I think.

5 comments:

  1. Erin...there are tons of challenges out there. I think the big one going around is to run everyday of December. Why not challenge yourself to see if you could run from PEI to your mom's place or something (virtually of course). You could do a blog each week about where you are in the province or something. That's what we're doing for the TTP's...except we are going to collectively see if we can get across Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign up for a race......a goal race to train for always keeps me motivated. I do this also to avoid the 'post marathon blues' which I tend to get once I've reached my goal/ ran the race I've dedicated so many months of diligent training to.

    You are such a great runner! I was commenting on how strong of a runner you were during Lucky 7 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really struggle with motivation around this time of year too...usually I find a race is my main motivator, but recently I started a new training program, and so far that's helping?

    Since it's December, maybe you could make a running advent calendar? Try to run at least a km or two every day until xmas? Maybe Little Fox could help you make it and keep you on track? I'm not sure though. It's really hard with so little sunlight though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janet....I like the idea of getting Little Fox involved too!

      Delete
  4. A picture on the fridge of your mother in a bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete