Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend/Race Recap: Lucky 7 Relay

Bright and Early Saturday morning, we piled into the truck and headed to Halifax for the Lucky 7 Relay race weekend. The race wan't until Sunday, but I had plans for Saturday too!

We got to the city around 11. We went straight to Bayers Lake so we could get Silver Fox a Christmas gift. After that, we went for lunch at Boston Pizza. I had the chicken and mushroom pasta, which was enough for my lunch AND supper (pre-racce carbs)! Then... I went to target. It's a good thing I don't live close to a Target store... I picked up and bought the very first thing I saw once I walked in the door. (Another gift for Silver Fox!), and a few other random things, like a fox mug and running tights.

After shopping, we hung out until Cookie Fox called and said they had arrived at their hotel. Little Fox was pretty pumped to get there to go swimming in the hotel pool. We managed to get in a quick (and LOUD) swim before having supper. Then we went to the Christmas Parade. It was ok. Everyone in the parade seemed a little subdued... usually people are singing and dancing and cheering, and this year was kinda blah. then about half way through, there was a HUGE gap in the floats. Afterward, I found out that something happened and someone needed an ambulance. The best parts of the parade (for me) were the huskies, the Halifax Pride float, the HalCon people, and the look on Little Fox's face when Santa FINALLY arrived. After the parade, we left the hotel and went to Nana Fox's house for the night. It took us an hour and a half of stop-and-go traffic to get out of the city. It was crazy slow.

This brings us to Lucky 7 Relay time!

I met up with Courteney and Heather at the Atlantica Hotel. We chitchatted a bit and then walked over to the starting line so Courteney could run the first leg of the relay.
 Focus
So cheery! She gets the Happiest Runner Award!

Heather's husband also ran the first leg... "The Blur". Cause he's so fast and because... well, it LOOKS like he is looking at us in this photo, but is he really SEEING us?? :)


Next, it was my turn to run in Leg 2. 
Ready to go!

Half done!

Finished!

My mom and Scott came to watch the race. Mom and I look NOTHING alike...

Then Heather was up for Leg 3. If Matt is The Blur, Heather is the Blur-ette!
Don't blink, or you'll miss her. Well, not really... she was almost glowing through the fog.

(There was a bit of a "close call" at the end, but no disasters!)

I really liked this race. It was so fun to see all the costumes, and to cheer on the runners as they passed 4 times. The fact that you had to pass all the spectators 4 times during your leg was incentive to KEEP RUNNING. They had some good music playing, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. 

Photo via Courteney 
Photo via Courteney

After the race, heather and I went for coffee to meet up with another blogger that we've been reading but never met in real life: Janet from Jan.etc. We chatted for 2 hours about running, yoga, our jobs, travels, "etc". it was so nice to chat and be social! 

After that, Red Fox picked me up and we headed home, after a quick stop in Porters Lake. I think we all had a really nice weekend! 





3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!!!! Thanks for suggesting we team up...had a fantastic time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to meet you!! Hope you had an uneventful trip back to the island :)



    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun at the relay! You took amazing shots!!!

    Oh yeah, and I'll gladly accept the title, "Blur-ette" ;)

    ReplyDelete