Monday, December 30, 2013

Ready to run

My family were all here over the weekend. We had 9 people and 4 dogs! But we had a good time and a good dinner on Saturday.

My mom brought our gifts, and one of mine was that she will pay my registration for the Blue Nose this coming year. I'm pretty excited, because this past Blue Nose took some financial logistics to pull off. I carpooled with other runners from PEI so that I wouldn't have to pay for gas or the bridge toll. I stayed with my cousin in the city so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. It worked out, but it wasn't ideal conditions.

I'm considering registering for the half for the Blue Nose. It's in mid-May, which gives me 5 months to train. At this point, it'll be like starting from scratch. But having a race to train for will give me the motivation I need. I'll hold off on registering for now, and see how things go.

Yesterday, we went visiting in Charlottetown, and while we were there, I exchanged my ipod nano for the ipod shuffle and got an iTunes gift card. I bought some music last night, and loaded it onto the ipod so that it's ready for running. I need some more song ideas... I went through Heather's tempo tunes and got a few of those, but I only have 50 mins of music so far!

I also stopped at the Running Room and bought some traction things for my sneakers and a foam roller. Question about the foam rolling (Court, I bet you know the answer): How long or how many times do I roll?

I'm looking forward to going in and getting some new sneakers! I wanted to do look yesterday, but Red and Little Fox were waiting in the truck, so I didn't.

Oh, yesterday, on our way home from Ch-town, we were almost in a car accident! A car in the opposite lane started sliding, and came toward us sideways. Red Fox steered out of the way, and the car ended up flipped up on it's side, blocking that lane of traffic. We stopped, and I called 911 while Red Fox ran over to the car. He helped the driver climb out. She was physically ok, but probably in shock. I was shaking too, from the "that was close"-ness of it. I bet that poor lady is sore today!



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are okay! That must have been terrifying!!!

    Your house must have been packed with all those people and animals...but I bet it was fun. :)

    Getting new running gear is truly the most exciting thing for me! :D I am already excited for the Blue Nose as well. I'll probably do the half again.....we'll see.

    ReplyDelete