Sunday, March 23, 2014

Half Training Ver 2.0 - Week 8

On Tuesday, I ran 5k in under 30 minutes. I can't remember the last time I ran a sub-30 5k! Well, maybe I've been running them this whole time, and didn't know it cause I rarely take my Garmin! It was a pretty good run and I felt great when I was finished.

Thursday, I ran hill repeats. I was feeling a little run down, so they weren't done well, but I did them.

Today, Sunday, I headed out for my long run. I planned to do 10k, because last week I ran 15 and thought I should step it back a bit this week. I ended up running 300 metres!

Yesterday I had a sore throat and felt really blah. The muscles in my arms and legs felt weak and shaky, and I was really sleepy. It feels very similar to how I feel when my blood sugar drops.I ate and ate and ate, thinking it was just that I needed some fuel, but I didn't help. We went for a drive and I barely had the energy to hold up my head. Red Fox kept asking me what was wrong, but I have no idea! I even napped yesterday afternoon, which is something I do only VERY rarely.

So anyway, today, I am feeling the same way. Throat isn't as sore, but still feels weird. Arms and legs still feeling really weak. Not as sleepy, either. I had breakfast and put some chocolate chips in a baggie for my run. I got dressed and headed out, but I only made it to the stop sign before deciding I probably shouldn't go today. My knees were buckling a bit, and I didn't want to get 5k from home and get "stuck" with no way of contacting Red Fox (cell phone was dead). This is so strange... I hope I'm not getting sick.

I feel ok about missing today's long run. I had a great long run last week, and my mileage was ahead of schedule. I had some decent short runs during the week, and I'm hopeful that I'll be feeling stronger in the next few days.

weird.

1 comment:

  1. Feel better Erin! I have an off run every now and again as well. That weak feeling is the worst!

    ReplyDelete