Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Count down is on

I registered for the 10k race in Halifax on April 20th. It's called Run Without Borders.


Proceeds from this race will benefit Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders Canada:
  • Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides emergency health and medical assistance to populations in danger in more than 70 countries. Today, they are the world's leading independent international medical relief organization. They provide rapid aid in a wide array of catastrophes, including armed conflicts, natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes, epidemics of disease, and famines.

My amazing cousin works for MSF in Africa, providing women's heath services. She's basically living my dream, and I'm so proud/jealous of her.

I'm now counting down to that date, and working on a training schedule. Fingers crossed.

Also, if you'd like to make a donation to MSF by way of sponsoring me for the run, please click here to make a secure online donation. (I am aware that the page says something about the donation period has ended for this event... I'm going to email them about that. Maybe it just hasn't started yet...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment