Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!

I finished the Resolution Run in about 35 minutes. Longer than I had hoped, but 2 of the roads we ran on weren't even plowed! I was the last one to start...


but I finished somewhere in the first half. All runners got one of those blue jackets. Super nice! but I broke the pocket zipper on mine already.

The first 2 kms were AWESOME. I felt great and found myself smiling. Once we hit the unplowed roads, it was like running on dry sand and my legs started getting tired. I walked a bit, and had to really push myself through the last km. I need to learn to stop when my body says to stop, not when my brain says to stop. My brain is lazy.

After the race, we headed over to Red Fox's sister's to bring in the New year with her and her family. I think AP's is Little Fox's most favorite place to be, they sure do love him, and there's lots of fun things to do. Little Fox stayed up til midnight, and he and Sh sprayed silly string and popped confetti balloons. We all had a great time, even Molly! She's wiped, and has slept pretty much all day.

We're now back in NS for a few days. The drive over was snowy and sleepy, but we made it safe and sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment