Sunday, January 20, 2013

Loooong weekend

It's been a long weekend... and it's still not over. These "enforced" 4-day weekends are bittersweet. One more day to go.

Anyway. We've spent the weekend here at Foxfield. Little Fox filled his days with lego, dinky cars, movies, playing outside, and xbox racing games. And talking. He hasn't stopped talking. He just went to pee, and talked the whole time.

We made a fire yesterday. It was heaven. It's the first time I've been warm in this house all winter! Molly-Dog and I have a new favorite spot.


We spent a lot of time yesterday explaining to Little Fox that the stove was very hot and that it would burn him. I even went so far as to tell him that if he touched it, he could get a burn that would leave a scar for ever. Then, just before supper time, Red Fox and I were chatting... Red Fox and Little Fox were both standing by the doorway to the dining room. Little Fox took two VERY purposeful steps, and slapped his hand right on top of the wood stove. It was one of those moments when I'm all too aware of how slowly the brain works sometimes... and how slow reaction times can be. He looked over at me, wide-eyed, snatched his hand back and cried.
He's ok, by the way  He cried and cried, and held on to an ice pack for a good hour or 2. I sat him down, put on the Chipmunks to distract him, and he was ok. Just one little blister. I'm amazed and relieved.

Today's excitement consisted of hemming/altering 13 pairs of pants and laundry. Red Fox did an amazing job cleaning the kitchen, and Little Fox has done a good job of playing without asking for the xbox. I've finally caught up with the laundry. That might be a  lie. I finally caught up with WASHING the clothes. They are still not folded or put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment