Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 reflections

January:
Good: Moved to PEI for good.
Not so good: Running out of oil, both here and in the old NS house. Here, we were cold. In NS, pipes broke and we had to do some minor renos.

February: 
Good: R&B's baby Piper arrived!
Not so good: Spending so much time, money and stress on the NS house.

March:
Good:  NS house SOLD.
Not so good: Actually leaving the NS house. It was pretty emotional.

April: 
Good: Watching the Bluenose launch with my mom.
Awesome: My first 10k race! Run Without Borders.
Not so good: Boston marathon bombing. 'Nuff said.

May:
Good: Little Fox's 5th birthday party.
Good: Blue Nose 10k. Good race, good visit with Dennis, too.
Good: Little Fox's kindergarten intro.
Good: 3k race with my niece.
Not so good: Can't remember anything too bad...

June:
Good: Started half marathon training.
Good: my birthday: got a Garmin!
Good: Little Fox's bike rodeo, soccer, haunted mansion,etc
Good: visit from Dennis!
Not so good: Can't remember anything too bad...

July:
Good: Canada day: a 5k, and then a family day
Awesome: Visit from Robyn and Andrew! Highlight for me was the bungee bounce thing!
Not so good: this is when my knee started bothering me, and eventually let me me doing the 10k instead of the half at PEI.

August:
Good: the quality time i had with Little Fox while Red Fox was offshore. The best was going to the "cargoats" aka go carts.
Bad: the stress i was under when Red Fox was offshore. LOL
Bad: missing Red Fox's birthday because he was offshore.
Good: 8k race, with some cottage guests who were also runners. They were awesome people!
Awesome: Little Fox got to be in the Kensington parade, riding in the first truck.

September:
Awesome: Little Fox's first day of school
Not so good: "downgraded" from half to 10k at the PEI marathon

October:
Good: Thanksgiving: family, potato picking, good food.
Awesome: The 10k at the PEI marathon. I am so proud of my 55:37 time. Little Fox ran the Spud Run. And I finally met Heather in person!
Good: Ran 100 km in October
Bad: Ran 100 km in October... i got really burnt out.
Good: Halloween: the Halloween hustle Little Fox and I ran, and all the other typical Halloween stuff.
Good: Visit from Pat!

November:
Bad: lost all motivation to run.
Awesome: Parent teacher interview.
Awesome: Lucky 7 relay with Courteney and Heather!

December:
Not so good: still lacked running motivation.
Not so good: Santa Shuffle. LOL ok. It wasn't BAD. But I struggled with this race, obviously.
Good: Little Fox's letter to Santa
Awesome: having Little Fox volunteer with me at the Salvation Army Christmas Kettles. He was awesome at it!
Awesome: Christmas, of course!














2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Erin!
    I think you've had a very 'good' year and have learned a lot about yourself as a person and a runner. I am so happy to get to know you and share a team with you. I still use my lip balm every day from the Lucky 7 relay. :D

    2014 will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap Erin....I think it's great to review the year to see the lessons learned. Here's to a better 2014 running wise!!!

    ReplyDelete