Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sisterhood, and a stress-release run

The other day, I was tagged in a blog post (and on twitter) for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Awards. I was tagged by Piper, whose blog is http://pipersrun.com/, so thank you Piper!

                                                        sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award-w500
The Rules:
1. Post the logo on your blog. Done
2. Thank the person who nominated you. Done
3. Answer the questions.
4. Choose 10 or so other ladies who blog as your nominees.
5. Post the links to the nominees’ blogs and notify them on their blog.
Questions:
1. What is your favorite colour? Blue. Pretty much any shade of blue, from sky blue to TARDIS blue, turquoise and greenish blues included.
2. Favorite animal? Hm. Elephants, polar bears, and sea turtles. Not sure why, exactly, but I really enjoy seeing photos or videos of these animals. There's a zoo in the US that has a polar bear webcam and an elephant webcam. I could watch those all day! 
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Chocolate milk (lactose free, please!) or orange juice. I don't buy orange juice often, so it's a nice treat for me whenever we do have it.
4. Facebook or twitter? Both. I use both, but I'm more active on facebook. I used to use facebook as a method of sharing photos of Little Fox with our friends and families, but I don't share as much now as I used to. I read twitter daily, and post on average once a day, but that seems to be increasing!
5. Favorite pattern? I love paisley. 
6. What is my passion? Hm. I'm not sure I have a particular passion, but there are things that I WANT to have as passions. 
So, now it's my turn to pass this along! I know only a few bloggers, so I'm just going to pass this along to Courteney and Heather. We probably all follow the same blogs so I don't want to take up all the names!
Courteney http://indyroo.blogspot.ca/
Heather http://girlgoesrunning.blogspot.ca/
Now, for today's run. I was feeling stressed out all day, and a little bummed out. I kept thinking of going for a run, but it's really cold out. Finally, I couldn't resist any longer and got my running gear on. Honestly, what finally convinced me to run was that I put new tunes on my ipod this morning and I wanted to listen to them! I only ran 2.5 k, cause again, it was REALLY cold. I was about halfway back home when I realized that I couldn't feel my toes. When I got inside, they immediately started burning and itching, it was pretty painful! I took my socks off and stood on the cold-ish floor for a bit and they finally started to "normal up", to use a Red Fox term. Anyway, the run felt great, and I felt like a kept a good pace, although I didn't wear my garmin. My short run improved my mood quite a bit, thank goodness.
After running, I made chicken soup for supper. Little Fox is sick, so, of course I made soup! While the noodles were boiling, I came upstairs and did my daily plank... and held it for 2:30! A new record. After supper I did some stretching, foam rolling and some strength stuff. NOW I feel better. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Erin!!!! Wow...a plank for 2:30? Holy moly! You should download the 7 minute plank APP on your phone...7 different plank exercises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plank times are so varied. I do it for as long as I can, and they vary by day... I think maybe I was slightly out of position today, and that made it easier...?

      Delete
  2. You are totally kicking my butt in planks these days! I need to catch up.... ;)

    Thanks for the shout out Erin!

    I LOVE chicken soup....especially when I'm under the weather. I hope little Fox feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I really look forward to reading your blog posts and have nominated you for the Liebster award! If you are interested, you can head on over to my page to check it out. Keep up the super planking and running!

      Delete