Thursday, January 2, 2014

Regenerate

On New Years day (yesterday), I finally got out for a run. It was very cold, but sunny and fresh outside.

I can't explain how great I felt being out there running. I had my new gear with me:




I was so excited to get out there that I didn't realize I forgot my garmin until I got to the end of the driveway. *shrug* Oh well.

I had some of my favorite tunes on my ipod, and off I went. It was my first time going down the road toward the beach since we got all this snow, and I was blown away by the snowbanks.
This is the first one I thought was tall... but then I kept running and saw:



 HUGE!! I ran to the beach and back (2.5k). I forgot how much I like that my-lungs-are-burning feeling. When I got back to the driveway, one of my favorite songs came on, and I really wanted to keep running to listen to it, but it was just too cold. My toes were doing this weird hurting-but-numb thing, and my face was hurting from the cold. One I got inside and got thawed out, I did a 1-min plank and some foam rolling.

Today is the second, and we have a wind chill warning. It's -25 here today, with a wind chill of -36. I did a 1:30 plank, and will do some stretching later. 

On Tuesday, I'm going to start taking a class at the community school in Charlottetown. I know it sounds crazy, but for some reason, for years now I've been looking for an adult ballet class. I finally found one. it sucks that it's in Charlottetown, but it's only 20 dollars for 10 weeks. I'm pretty excited. LOL



1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on your running and planking Erin! I am in amazement at those snow banks!!!! I have the exact same iPod except in purple :)

    ReplyDelete