Monday, January 27, 2014

First day of training: FAIL

Seems like everything was working against me today. Today was Day 1 of my half marathon training. I checked the weather and decided I'd do today's run on my lunch break, because there was a nice little window between FREEZING and rain at about noon. So, I worked all morning, got into my running gear, went downstairs and... DENIED. LOL Red Fox said we had to run into Summerside to do something at the bank, so I came back upstairs to shower and make myself presentable. It was REALLY nice out and would have been perfect for running (if you ignore the strong wind).

We did the banking, stopped at Ford (Red Fox's truck is very broken), got a few groceries and came back home. I had to work for the rest of the afternoon. Then supper time (early, cause my blood sugar was going wonky), and of course by that time it was dark. No street lights here in "the country". Also, it was snowing this afternoon, and then started raining at about 3, and it was VERY slippery out there, so running in the dark would have been extra dangerous. Because of all the fields here, the snow blows across the roads all the time, and it creates ice patches. It's like the roads are wearing horizontal stripes... ice, clear, ice clear...

So, since tomorrow is supposed to be ... um, cross training, maybe? I'll run tomorrow, along with ballet class (depending on driving conditions). I missed ballet last week, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to go tomorrow. It's a surprisingly good workout!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about your first day. You can make it up. I always juggle my schedules to accommodate for 'life.' It happens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I want to hear more about the ballet classes too....I can imagine the leg workout you are getting....that's your cross training right there.

    ReplyDelete