Thursday, January 16, 2014

Feeling good

I've been feeling pretty good this past week. Which is great, cause that means I beat the odds. I read somewhere once that January 12th is the most depressing day of the year, because that's how long most people last with their well-intentioned New Year's resolutions beofre giving up. Today is the 16th. Hoping I can keep it up!

So, where were we? I ran on Saturday. After that run, I downloaded some more music for my new ipod, and realized that I threw out my ipod cable! Crap. I remember that I put it back in the little box the ipod came in, thinking "that's a great place to store this tiny 4 inch cable". Then, when doing my mad-dash clean-up before our new years even company, I picked up the box, and thought "wtf do Ineed this foor" and chucked it in the garbage bag. I ordered a new one on amazon, and I hope it will be here tomorrow so that I can listen to some new tunes during my weekend run.

I did a 3k run on Monday morning, and it was... ok. I'm slowly getting faster. I'm trying to be patient with myself. Tuesday evening I went to ballet. It was WAY more fun this time! We did some barre work, foot work and arm work. We did some jumps too, which is when I realized, yet again, that you can take the gymnast out of the gym, but you can't take the gym out of the gymnast. We were doing changements (basically, you stand with one foot in front of the other, jump, and land with your other foot in front) and I found I could only keep my balance if I stood on a line on the floor like it was a beam.

Ballet is surprisingly difficult. Every muscle is squeezed at all times. Everything MUST be perfect.  My shoulders were super tired after the arm work, and my butt muscles were killing me the next day!

Wednesday I did some strength stuff, and rested. Kind of. My work computer crashed that morning, and I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house. So, if you want to visit, now is the time. Hopefully we can keep it tidy for a while, but based on our previous house-keeping history, I wouldn't put a big bet on it!

I ran 5k this morning, and I'm glad I did it then and not later in the day like I orginally planned. Red Fox tried to get my hard drive working and couldn't so we had to take it to the computer guy, and by the time we got home, it was raining and cold (freezing rain warning... are we taking bets on school closures tomorrow?). I was planning to run 4, but when I looked at my Garmin it was already 4.1k so I just kept going.

It was SO warm today! I ran the river road, and by the time I got to the bottom of TDH, I had to take my glasses off because every exhale fogged them up, and I couldn't see. So I put them in my pocket, and then I couldn't see. LOL Can't win! By the time I got past the wharf, I had to take my jacket off. I left it on the guard rail and picked it up on my way back. Living in PEI is great for that; I know no one would steal it.

I've also kept up my planking streak. I've done it for 2 minutes twice, and my average is problably 1:45. I think I'll consistently be able to do the full 2 mins by the end of the month!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that Jan. 12 was the most 'depressing' day of the year! Crazy....now I'm trying to remember my mood on that day! LOL.

    Great job with the runs/planks! I can't imagine myself being coordinated/balanced enough to consider ballet....lol. Great work :)

    I've thrown out things like that before too......it sucks when you realize where it is! I hope you get your new cable in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy, you're doing awesome with everything! (Not that I expected anything else!) I can imagine that ballet would be extremely difficult, but good for you! I like doing planks, but when I'm pregnant I find my stomach makes a super wierd shape when I do them at it freaks me out (makes me think it's bad for the baby lol) so I've been holding off on them.

    Are you doing any Bluenose runs this year?! It'd be nice to finally meet you in "real life" :)

    ReplyDelete