Saturday, January 11, 2014

5k and a move

I've been watching the weather all week, and thought that I should probably get my run in on Saturday morning rather than Sunday... We're supposed to get a lot of rain! Little Fox woke me up at 5:45 (little stinker) and I managed to get him to go back to bed til 7. After a small breakfast of toast with peanut butter and a coffee, I got ready to run. 

It warmed up to -3 by the time I was ready, and it was soooo nice. I only had to wear ONE pair of pants today! And my face wasn't numb when I got home! Yay for the January thaw. I ran 5k, for the first time since early December. I am SO slow now! It's a bit discouraging, but I know I'll get my speed back eventually. I did a 1:40 plank when I got home, did the hip exercises I learned at physio, and then showered.

After that, we all went out to Silver Fox's new apartment. Today was moving day. It's a nice little place, just perfect for one person. I made some curtains for him while we were there, and we got them all hung before we left. Kind of. We didn't have a proper screw driver so we couldn't hang the hardware for the bathroom one, so he has a temporary curtain held up with command hooks! LOL I also didn't have enough fabric for bedroom curtains, so we hung one from the living room in there for now. I think we're going to go back tomorrow so I'll get some made tonight or tomorrow morning. 

I am pretty sad that Silver Fox moved out. He did so much for us here, and kept me company almost every evening while I made supper. When Molly Dog realizes he isn't staying here, she's going to be devastated!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love the 'I only have to wear one pair of pants' type of run. I felt so light! If it makes you feel any better it's natural to feel slower in the winter months. I find that the effort is harder and you feel like you're flying, but you are just maintaining pace...lol. Matt's dad told me this was normal a few years ago when I was getting discouraged. Keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think...now that Silver Fox has moved out....Little Fox can have sleepovers with him and when he comes to visit you guys, it will be a bigger deal...enjoy those moments!!! Great job on the 5k!! Hoping the thaw lasts!

    ReplyDelete