Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Canada Day (post 2 of 2 for today!)

After the race, we came home and I showered while Red Fox mowed some of the lawn. Some friends from NS were staying in Cottage 1, and the kids were playing in Little Foxes room. When we lived in NS, Little Fox went to daycare at their home, and it was a big surprise to have J and her family here! He was so excited when they arrived on Saturday and he learned they were staying for 2 nights!

I was painted my finger and toe nails red, and while I was waiting for them to dry, our friends E&B and their kiddos arrived. While the kids played, I ran around getting myself and "the boys" ready for some family photos that J was taking for us. We did our photos (there's a sneak-peek on facebook!) and then J and family headed back to NS.

B wanted to take the kids to the beach, so we walked down while the men went to Kensington for Canada Day supplies. Along the way, we explored the ditches and picked lupins. We finally got to the beach and the kids had a great time digging holes and throwing rocks.

I called Red Fox and the came to pick us up (and brought us moms coffee!). They went home, and we had some lunch before heading out to Aunt Paula's. They throw a Canada Day party, and we've been there for 3 of them so far. They are a great time... good food, good people, and good music. Ronnie plays guitar, harmonica, writes songs and sings. There are always a few other men with guitars, and this year there was a drum kit and 2 young ladies with violins/fiddles (I took most photos with my phone, so I'll add more later!)


Little Fox had an awesome time with his cousins and all the other kids there. I'm not sure how he stayed awake long enough so see the fireworks, but he did!





We had a long and exhausting day, but it was a REALLY good one!


UPDATE - photos from phone!

Red Fox and me in the shirts I made! 


 Little Fox tried out a few of the instruments



2 comments:

  1. I really like the shirts you made! Looks like you had better weather on the Island for Canada day than what we had here in the Halifax area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had great weather! cloudy with some sunny breaks, warm, and just breezy enough. I heard that a lot of things were cancelled for Canada Day in NS. :(

      Delete