Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Intimidated on my run this morning

I ran my scheduled 5k this morning. Halfway down River Rd there's a wharf with lobster boats. Just past that wharf, I was dive-bombed by 2 birds! They both followed me for a good 200 m, swooping and "yelling" at me. Of course, I had to pass them again on the way back, and they did it again! It was a little scary! The one day I don't wear my hat! I'm not sure if they were telling me to stay away from their babies, or if they wanted my hair for their nest. It made me pick up my pace, at least! LOL

I rounded the corner onto our road, and saw a skunk cross the road, headed for our driveway. This time I swore out loud! I had to keep running beyond the driveway (on the far side of the road!) to make up the full 5k, and he was out of sight when I got back.

Oh, but last night, we saw a fox in the yard, and he (she?) almost came up onto the deck! I ran upstairs to get my camera, and followed him down the road a bit, snapping photos along the way. The foxes are so... chill. He saw me, and promptly sat down and looked right at the camera. After I got a bit too close, he walked away a few steps, but I made kissy noises at him (works every time, Dennis!) and he sat down again. :)




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I saw a baby fox along the trail last summer....no camera with me though. :( He/she was super cute and had just woken up and was stretching. People were gathered around to look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you two playing my road your road....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin...I have to admit that I chuckled a bit at your bird story...I can imagine your facial expression! And the fox is super cute...wish I had those around my home...I'd want to make them pets! :-)

    ReplyDelete