Sunday, July 21, 2013

Training Recap: Week 4

Monday - Saturday, July 15 - 20

My knee hurt/felt strange for most of the week. It started after my long run last week, and it was VERY painful on Sunday and into Monday. I've been resting it, and icing/heating it. Ice feels really uncomfortable on it, and makes it hurt, so I've been using heat mostly. It's not hurting nearly as much as it did on Sunday, so I think it's getting better. I'm going to rest it for a while longer, and then test it out with a short easy run in a few days.

Thursday and Friday I spent "staycationing" with friends, and walked around Cavendish. My knee felt fine, and is even better today (Saturday). I'm going to try a run tomorrow evening.

Sunday, July 21

I just got back from a short run down River Road. I took it VERY easy. I didn't wear my Garmin because I know it would have made me push myself harder than I wanted to for this test run. My knee felt fine during the run. Maybe a little... stiff? tired? something? from not running all week, but no pain. I'm hopeful that it will stay pain-free for the rest of the day, and if so, I'll start running regularly again this week.

There were 2 races this weekend that I'm sad about missing. I originally wanted to do the Dunk Rover race, because the distance fit perfectly into my schedule. Then, plans changed and we were going to be in Bridgewater this weekend, so I was going to do a 5k which was a fundraiser for Relay for Life. But then those plans went down the drain too! I'll have to check the race schedules to see if there's anything coming up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment