Sunday, July 28, 2013

Training Recap: Week 5

Monday July 22

I planned on going for another short run today, and decided I'd take poor lonesome Molly dog. I posted about this little run here.

Wednesday July 24

I went into Kensington for a 5k on the trail this evening. I think my knee hurt because of running on a clay road which was very uneven, so I thought running on the flat trail might be a good idea.

It was a GREAT run. I felt good, and it was wonderful to be back on the run after a week and a half. I had 2 or 3 small twinges in my knee that made me think uh-oh, but no persistent pain. The weather was perfect, maybe slightly more humid than I'd like but nothing too bad.

There were a lot of people out running, and it was nice to get some smiles and nods from fellow runners out enjoying the nice evening.

Distance: 5 km
Time: 28:12
Average Pace: 5:38/km


Splits
1 - 5:48
2 - 5:48
3 - 5:34
4 - 5:26
5 - 5:36

Sunday July 28

Pre-run: I've been putting off this weeks long run as long as possible. I'm scared I'll hurt my knee again, and because I'm undecided about what distance I should be doing. I had a 10k race on my schedule for yesterday, but I didn't go. Maybe I'll try for 9-10k today on the flat trail in K-town. The forecast shows that it will be pretty cool today, so I'll go early afternoon.  I had a big breakfast today at the Preserve Company, and we have a cottage to clean, and then I'll run.

Post-run: I didn't go to K-town. I just ran here at home. I really enjoyed this run! I ran from home to the Anne museum and back, and then went beyond the drive way a bit to make a full 10k. I stopped at the museum because my phone restarted itself at about the 3k mark, and I had to restart my music. And also, 2 different sets of tourists stopped and asked me directions. I'm pretty sure if anyone in the second car could have read lips, they wouldn't have stopped! I took a few pauses now and then to take a drink (still working on that hydrate-while-running thing). No knee pain yet, however my legs are really tired!

The run felt pretty damn good, actually. I even ran up ALL the hills!

My totals and averages shown below are estimates. I had my garmin, but at about 8k is was almost dead, so I stopped and restarted it so my run is broken into an 8k and a 2k.

Distance: 10 km
Time: About an hour
Average Pace: About 6:00/km


Splits
1 - 5:53
2 - 6:11
3 - 6:27
4 - 5:49
5 - 6:06
6 - 6:12
7 - 5:54
8 - 5:42
9 - 6:20
10 - 5:26

So, Yay! I think I'm back on track!

4 comments:

  1. It feels great to be back on track doesn't it. Great job Erin. Remember not to increase your mileage too much next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was a bit discouraged and "lost" last week, but I feel better now! My "schedule" increases by 1km per week... is that good?

      Delete
  2. Exciting! Very glad to hear your knee is feeling better. Happy running this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are back on track ERin! :)

    ReplyDelete