Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sea Fox

Well, today is day one of Red Fox's stint offshore. He'll be referred to as Sea Fox until he gets home. I can't take credit for that one, he came up with it.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you where he's going, what ship he's on, or what he's doing. However, he is NOT halfway around the world in pirate-infested waters and he's NOT busting his ass on the deck. He's on a decent ship, with a decent job, and is relatively close to home. I can track his ship online and I'm looking forward to watching their progress!

But this leaves me here at Foxfield, working full time, with Little Fox at home, and 3 cottages and one big house to clean/maintain. I have to remember to take the garbage out (which I forgot today), and pay the bills (no calls today!). I'm a little scared, but... I'm sure it will be ok.

This is the eye-opener that I think all people need. I think everyone should spend a month at home, with ALL responsibilities and in minimal communication with their partner. We always think "I do everything around here"... yeah? Well, let your spouse leave for a month and you'll find out what he/she REALLY does!

Thankfully, I have Sea Fox's mom here to help. She's been looking after Little Fox while I work, and helping me clean the cottages. It helps to have adult conversation now and then too! Silver Fox (been a while since I mentioned him... that's Sea Fox's dad) is coming to mow the lawn, and I've had a lot of offers of help from so many others. I'm thankful for the offers, but I hope I won't have to take them up on it!

I'm trying to not let my mind get carried away with all the what-ifs. What if our POS kitchen faucet finally breaks? What if that possible double-booking shows up? What if I get sick or hurt? And of course, there's always finances to worry about. I know there's always a solution... but I like having Sea Fox to help find the solution.

So, to help the time pass more quickly, and to have something to look forward to each day, I planned a daily activity for Little Fox and me. Most of them are simple, at home things, like bake cookies, walk Molly together, and movie nights. There are some free/cheap things we can do in Kensington, such as the library, the community pool (free!), the Harvest Festival parade and car show, the school playgrounds, ice cream, and mini golf. I am also planning to take him to Shining Waters again, and to Burlington Amusement Park, where they have go karts and other fun stuff.

Today, we had a picnic lunch on the lawn by the orchard (how many trees do you need before you can call it an orchard?). We had peanut butter and nutella sandwiches (I wish I had planned this better, cause that's what we had for breakfast too!), cucumber, cheese, crackers, and apple juice. Marshmallows for dessert. I even packed a treat for Molly.



Also, our first pink lilies of the season. The rest of them don't look even close to opening. I hope they do, because I love them!


4 comments:

  1. You can do this....it will all come together like it is supposed to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I know! I had my major panic/anxiety attack a few days ago... I'm calm for now.

      Delete
  2. Your picnic looks so fun! and hello, peanut butter and nutella sandwiches!? :D

    Beautiful Lillies.....I love the smell of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't look for what-if, You can eat peanut butter and nutella everyday if you want, Blaine has his own cook :)

    ReplyDelete