Monday, August 12, 2013

Go-karts!

Yesterday, I took Little Fox to Burlington Amusement Park. It sounds much more exciting than it is. The main attraction there is go-karts. But I knew Little Fox would like it, and it was kind-of inexpensive. The "rides" take tickets, and there's no admission.

Yay! Go-Karts!

First, we walked around to see what we'd want to do, and how many tickets we'd need. Besides the go-karts, they have bumper boats, bumper cars, and mini-golf. We decided on the mini go-karts, mini golf, bumper boats and the big karts. It was about 25 dollars for the tickets.

The little karts were pretty cute. It's a fully-operational little car, that the kid controls with gas, brake and steering.

His first ride of the day

 Safety First! Seat Belt
 Helmet
Start 'er up!

Then we played mini golf. He did pretty well, but lost interest about 3/4 of the way through. I told him that I wanted to finish the game, so at the remaining holes, he just put his ball near the hole and hit it until it went in.


Little Fox was big enough to have his own bumper boat. Of course, the attendant taught him how to make it go faster, so he was on full-speed the whole time. He did really well, until it was tine to "dock"... and then he got stuck spinning around. We were yelling to him to let go of the handle, but he couldn't hear us over the engine. Eventually, he spun his way over to the side and the attendant caught his boat.

After the bumper boats, we watched the big karts for a bit... until I was confident that I could actually drive one. We got in line and I apologized in advance to the people in line... I knew I'd be slow-ish... you know, since it was my first time driving one, and I had my 5 year old with me. We got in, got out seat belts and helmets on and off we went. I actually WASN'T the slowest... we passed a few people. Little Fox had a great time (until the end when this jerk bumped us from behind 4 times, and then laughed as he passed, but we didn't let it ruin our day). I wish we had some pictures from the bumper boats and karts! We're going to go back when Sea Fox gets home!


No comments:

Post a Comment