Monday, August 12, 2013

Training Recap: Week 7

Tuesday August 6

My toes are killing me from Sunday's long run. The toenails on my second toes hurt so bad, and feel bruised. My thighs are still sore, too. So, instead of a *run* today, I took Molly for a run/jog/walk along River Rd. 

Tomorrow is the 8k race, so again, I thought some easy activity was best for today!

Wednesday August 7

I ran the Hugh A Campbell Memorial Run this evening, an 8k race which raised funds for the Shriners. My race recap is here.

Finish Line photo by Janet Bain


Sunday August 11

Today was supposed to be my 12 k run. I was feeling pretty good about it, and felt I prepared properly... I left home and ran to the beach and back, and then made a quick pit stop at home before continuing. As I got to the bottom of TDH, my knee started hurting again. I frantically tried to figure out if it was just a one-off, or if I should stop... as I got to the end of River Rd, it was clear that I should stop. It wasn't hurting as bad as last time, but I didn't want to make it worse. I stopped at about 4.5k, and walked back home. :(

Will rest it for a few days and then try again. Maybe I should start doing my long runs on the flat trail. Boo. 

*Monday update: iced it for a bit yesterday... no pain yet today, but it'll probably start to hurt later in the day. 



2 comments:

  1. Awesome finish photo!

    I do my long runs on the flat trail in the spring, summer and fall. In the winter I have to do the subdivisions though.

    Speedy knee recovery vibes are being sent your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh knee pain is the worst. Take it easy and hopefully it will feel better soon :)

    ps. that is a great photo!

    ReplyDelete