Friday, August 2, 2013

Bump in the night

Last night, I was JUST drifting off to sleep (pseudo-dreaming that I had gold leaf on my hair) when I heard a thump. And then a bump. And then lots more thumps and bumps. I think there was a raccoon either in the attic or on the roof. Luckily, our friend Andy showed up, just as I was discussing the thumps with mom-in-law. Andy wasted no time getting up into the attic, but didn't see any signs of life up there, thank goodness. There's a big hole on one side (a man-made hole) that he couldn't see all the way into, but like I said, no visible signs of life. Dr. Spooner at Acadia taught us that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence", so I'll keep listening and if I hear anything else I'll get a trap.

I checked the ship tracking site this morning, and Sea Fox is now at the work site, and was anchored for a bit this morning. They seem to be underway again. He emailed me some pretty nice "scenery" photos, and I can't wait to get more!

One of the best parts of my day today was when I realized that Monday is a holiday. YES. Also, it's Sea Fox's birthday that day, so although he's not home to celebrate, we'll be wishing he was.

This evening, Little Fox and I had a nachos-and-a-movie night. Really, I just baked some cut-up tortillas with cheese, tomato and green pepper on top. Little Fox helped me put the toppings on, and then he got the movie ready (we watched the Smurfs). I poured some apple juice into some fancy wine glasses just for fun, and when the nachos were ready we cheers-ed and settled in for dinner and entertainment.


 Mine is apple juice too... unfortunately! haha


After the movie, we read some books, emailed Daddy, and then he went to bed. I went for a run, talked to my dad on the phone, and now here I am blogging and watching the track-plot update. Here's to a thump-less night!



2 comments:

  1. Your nachos look good. That movie night sounds super fun. I love the apple juice in wine glass idea. :)

    I really hope you have a thump-less night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate bumps in the night living alone...I always hope that if it's an intruder they leave me alone and take everything else. That doesn't make you feel safer, does it?

    ReplyDelete