Saturday, August 17, 2013

Kensington Parade Day

Today was one of those days during which so many things happened that it seems impossible that it was only ONE day.

Today was parade day in Kensington. It's their "Harvest Festival" and they actually have a  lot of really great events. They have one street blocked off for beach volleyball, the parade, pancake breakfasts, live entertainment, etc. I got up early-ish, and finished cleaning up one of the cottages for guests arriving today. I then got Little Fox ready, and we headed to K-town. We got to Andy and Lori's at 9:45... where Andy told me that the parade was at 2pm, not 10am. Stupid me! So they fed us brunch, and then we came back home for more cottage cleaning.

We got back in the car at about 12:45, and I had a text from Andy asking if Little Fox wanted to ride in the fire truck with him during the parade. Silly question! He was SO. EXCITED. I dropped him off at the fire hall, and as I was leaving he was getting his fire helmet on. I went to their house to park, and chatted with Lori and her daughter for an hour, waiting for the parade to start.


Finally, the first police car came along. The parade marshal was Rose Cousins. Then the Kensington girls soccer team, which Andy's daughter is on.


Then came the fire trucks. Little Fox was in the 3rd one, and I swear, I've never seen that kid happier. He had on the helmet still, and was standing right up front, pulling the horn chain and sticking his head out the window to yell to people and throw candy. Lori got an awesome photo of his blowing the horn, thumbs up, and GRINNING. 


I got a video, but it's REALLY shaky (Sorry Sea Fox... if you're not seasick now, you will be after watching this!). I was running, and I was all excited so my hands were shaking like crazy. The last part is the best part anyway. 



The rest of the parade was pretty boring after that. LOL not really "boring" but certainly not as exciting as seeing my kid have the time of his life! I took pictures of almost everything because Little Fox wouldn't have seen any of the old cars. When the parade was over, we had a bbq at Andy and Lori's and then came home to meet the cottage guests.

We have a few "regulars" in one of the cottages this week. P and C do a lot of the yard work for us, and are good people to have around. I'm glad they are here while Sea Fox is away...  I know there's someone capable around in case I need help. They brought Little Fox a toy John Deere tractor and trailer today, which he LOVES. They couldn't have picked a better toy for him... a John Deere that tows something?! Perfect. So, of course we played cars, and then Toy Story (xbox) until story time/bed time.

Tomorrow will be another fun-filled day in Kensington... the car show, children's activities (face painting, carpentry, arts and crafts, etc), and a community family movie at the arena. Also, tomorrow is my next attempt at a long run (goal is 13-14k), so there will be another blog post or 2 in the next day or so. 


2 comments:

  1. In the video, Little Fox is responsible for all of the horn blowing,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your run....take it easy....and don't push the knee pain!

    ReplyDelete