Sunday, July 14, 2013

My knee hurts

My right knee is really hurting. It started yesterday afternoon. It's not a constant pain, it's a sudden, random, sharp pain. It seems to hurt most often when I take a step that isn't 100% straight... like walking around a corner, or if the ground is uneven.

I've been icing it (and spent some time in the cool ocean water), but it doesn't seem to help... and I can't really pinpoint the source of the pain. It's kind of the whole way around my leg, just below the joint, and it shoots down the sides of my calf a little way.

As much as I don't want to, I'll try heat on it before bed. It's too hot for heat! I'll rest it again tomorrow, and hope that this won't throw me off of my training schedule. :(

In other news, we had a pretty good weekend! Little Fox and I spent lots of time at the beach.

Today, we had the previous owner of our house stop by, and he said that Lucy Maud Montgomery (author of Anne of Green Gables) spent time here, and actually paid for college for the lady who lived here. The LM Montgomery Land Trust is trying to conserve the land between the beach and Cape Tryon for agricultural use and ensure that it isn't used for development. We are smack dab in the middle of that piece of land. And THAT is why it's so special here. We're surrounded by peace and quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin,
    I hope your knee is feeling better today. Are you going to go to physio to get it checked out? Keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete