Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Funk it

I'm in a bit of a funk today.

Last Friday was a rough day around here at the cottages. We had the inspector lady checking the cottages that day, but I didn't know she was arriving BEFORE 9AM so I was in my robe when she showed up. I also hadn't cleaning Cottage 3, so I got to listen to her lecture me. We had our first paying guests of the season and the wireless wasn't working. I was all stressed out about that, and I'm sure Red Fox wasn't feeling much better about it, considering my mood. Three trips into Summerside and a few hundred dollars later, it was working.

Saturday and Sunday were MUCH better. Beach days, family and friends, etc.

Yesterday not so much. I had to contact a few people for work, and that in its self stresses me out. The first email I got back was incredibly rude, and it made me feel terrible. It threw me off for the rest of the day, and made me cry a little, even.

We took Little Fox to soccer last night, and he was having a great time until one of the other little boys told Little Fox that he didn't know how to play soccer. Well, the poor boy gets his tender heart from his mother. He came over and sat down and said he was finished playing soccer and that he hated it because he doesn't know how to play. :( We tried to make him feel better but HE was in a funk too.

I was supposed to run this morning. But I didn't. I just didn't feel like it. I don't really feel like doing ANYTHING. I didn't even shower until 20 minutes ago (noon)... after wandering around for 30 minutes, trying to decide what to do, what to eat for lunch until I finally said out loud "just get in the damned shower, Erin".  I worked all morning, looking at international polar research websites in my jammies.

I should drink some water in case I do my run this evening. It's a beautiful day for running, not too hot, and it would be a shame to get it go to waste. My super short run is on my schedule for today, and should only take me 20 minutes at the most... Hopefully I can convince myself to do it just before supper, or this evening.

4 comments:

  1. Tomorrow will be better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes...on days like these, putting on your sneakers is the best thing you can do. Sometimes it will take you longer to get dressed than your actual run...but you will feel better.....I promise! Chin up....your momma is right...tomorrow will be better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking. I wanted to run because I think it would make me feel better, but I'm just so sleepy. I even have 2 coffees today, and I almost NEVER have a second coffee.

      Delete