Monday, July 22, 2013

Royal Baby Run

In case you didn't know, I am a self-professed Royal Geek. I started reading books about Henry VIII eons ago, and I was hooked. I'm not impressed with the "celebrity gossipy" kind of stuff, but I like reading the official stuff. So of course I was refreshing news pages all day, waiting for the big headline.

A prince was born.

I planned on going for another short run today, and decided I'd take poor lonesome Molly dog. She's been so sad and mopey since Red Fox left, and I thought some exercise would help. So, just after reading that the baby boy was born, I got ready to go for my run. I dressed in my only blue-ish running shirt, and my purple skirt. Blue for boy, and purple for royalty. See? Told you I'm a geek.


I didn't wear my Garmin because I knew running with Molly would be slow at best, and because I'm still working my knee back into the running thing. We got to the wharf and Molly was panting. So I thought she'd like to go cool her paws in the bay. We went down the boat launch and she didn't hesitate.


She got in up to her belly, and would have gone all the way but I called her back... I'm not sure about that green stuff, and she was trying to eat it and drink the salt water. After that, we ran a bit further down the road then turned back when we came upon a "sleepy raccoon". Then, just before The Damn Hill she... um... well, I ended up carrying a baggie for the rest of the way home, so I didn't run.

I'm a little unsure of what to do with my training plan... I'd like to take it easy-ish this week. I guess I'll just wait and see how I'll adjust my training.


2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't push it this week....just run easy and see how the knee feels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your knee is feeling better! It's always so discouraging when you can't follow your schedule...

    I hurt my knee in the middle of my training program for the bluenose and after a couple weeks of minimal running I finally went to my physio. I only ended up needing 2-3 sessions but she helped me rearrange my training plan to get back on track. I know it's not the same injury, but I'm sure you can adjust your training schedule once your knee is back to normal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete