Wednesday, May 22, 2013

14 km cross training (and 100th post!)

I haven't been running since the Blue Nose, and I wasn't really feeling it today either. So I went for a bike ride. I had my route planned, and it was 14 kms. I don't think I've EVER biked that far, and I knew the route would be really hilly. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it!

I also wanted to try out a new app I downloaded called Runtastic. I have a trial version of Runtastic "Pro", and there's a colour-coded map showing my speed along my route. That map has me fascinated, and I actually want to buy the full Pro version, just to have access to that map! The plain old free version gives me the image below, which is still informative. The blue line on the graph shows my speed... the really low spots are when I stopped for a drink. Oh, and between 3 and 5 km, there were a few logging trucks that I got out of the way of! The grey line/area is the elevation. lots of up-hills! My legs were like dead weight when I got home!


3 comments:

  1. Very cool app! And, congrats on your 100th post!!! I need to get those tires pumped up so I can hit the trails up on my bike. Biking is so fun....it makes me feel like a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cross training....gives your knees a break!

    Also congrat's to Little Fox on passing all his tests.

    ReplyDelete