Thursday, May 9, 2013

I love this Island

I know. I'm a bluenoser at heart. But this Island is so beautiful. I went for a bike ride at 7:20 this morning. I biked down Cape Rd, which is partially a red clay road, and from which you can see the ocean beyond the fields. The sky was just starting to cloud over, so it was bright blue with white clouds, with some dark ominous clouds in the distance. The green grass and the red fields seemed so bright relative tot he dark clouds behind them.  I saw a fox, too, just to top it all off.

The best part of PEI is that as soon as the snow melts it is immediately colourful. In NS, I found that there were a few weeks of drab, grey limbo between the brilliance of the snow, and the green-ness of spring. But not here.

Every time I go out, I wish I had my camera. I'll see the view and think "My God, I need a picture of that, it can't possibly get prettier than it is right now" and then I see the same thing the next day, and it's just as pretty. It's one of the reasons I run. So I can see this Island. Sure, I see the same view every time, but it's always different in very subtle ways, which makes it impressive every time.

Edit: After I wrote and posted this, I drove into Kensington to pick up some mail (Running Magazines from Courteney!), and on the way I saw a bald eagle in the marsh along River Road. It was so close, and it looks GIANT. It was guarding it's meal of seagull, and the crows were dive-bombing him. And then a little further along, I saw the family of foxes that live in a grassy ditch beside the road. The babies are so fluffy! I am never leaving this house again without at least my phone for photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment