Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Short mid-day run

I went for a short run during my lunch break. I was going to wear one my the shirts I (re)made...


but when i stepped outside, it felt a little cooler outside than I thought it was. I changed into a tshirt, and about 1.5 k into my run I realized I should have left the blue shirt on! It was hot out! I thought it would be windy along the river, but it wasn't bad, and I ended up rolling my sleeves up.

Do any of you girly runners have any suggestions for keeping my hair up? If I wear a typical ponytail, my hair gets SO knotted up from swinging around during my run. If I put it in a bun/messy bun, it falls out and I have to keep stopping to re-do it. Annoying.


4 comments:

  1. ponytail and then braid the tail...it helps keep everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin,
    I was going to write a blog about this issue once...lol. I used to be a frequent 'hair-knotter' and would have to use 1/2 a bottle of conditioner to get the knots out! :S This was when I had blond foils in my hair. To avoid that, especially during a full marathon I did a French braid starting at the top of my head. Then this also limits bouncing. I've had a 'bouncing braid' before too, and when it gets sweaty, it also gets heavy!

    Hope this helps!

    I enjoy your blog. :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to learn how to french braid. That's something I could never get the hang of! If I braid my ponytail, I'll have to then wrap it in a bun or I'll be bruised from it swinging around!

      Delete