Friday, May 17, 2013

Race weekend anxiety

I have a serious case of race anxiety!

I'm getting a ride with someone here in PEI. A car full of people I don't know. I have no control over where we go and when. I don't like not knowing when I'll arrive at my destination, especially when someone is waiting for me! I know they are going to stop for lunch, which is something I was hoping to avoid... I was planning on taking all my meals with me. But I want to be part of the group, so I think I'll eat my lunch, and then get something small at the restaurant. Also, I'm worried that I'll pack too much and we'll have trouble fitting everyone's things in the car... I know, ridiculous things to worry about, but... it's what I do!

My cousin Mer is letting me bunk at her place this weekend. Which leads to more questions... will I have a key to get in and out? Will I be bothering her or her room mate (if there is one...?) when I get up super early for the race?

My mom is planning on coming to watch, so I'm concerned about her driving into Halifax after arriving home from BC just hours before. I worried that we won't be able to find each other, or that we won't see each other as I run by. I think I'm going to ask her to be at the Halifax side of the bridge... that way I'll pass her twice, therefore doubling my chances of seeing her!

The weather is throwing a wrench in my not-well-laid-out plans. I had my running clothes all figured out, but now it's supposed to be cold, so I might have to change it up... OR find something in my small collection that I can use as throwaways. I wish I had something super bright and exciting to wear so that mom will be able to pick me out of the crowd.

I made my muffins yesterday, and today I'll make a batch of spaghetti sauce. We'll have pizza for supper so I can take a slice of that with me too.

Also, I haven't run ALL WEEK. It's been cold, rainy, busy, and we have company. Excuses, I know, but... I gave in to them! I'm not overly concerned. Its not like I'm trying to WIN the race. I'm not even going in with a goal time or pace. I might go for a quick run today, especially if I change up what I'm going to wear, and I got a new app on my phone I want to try out.

I have to remember my ereader, my phone, charger, ear buds, arm band, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Take a deep breathe and try to enjoy the whole experience! Do you still have my cell number? Text if you need anything! I'm going to make a sign/s for everyone I'm cheering for...I'll have one with your name on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Where are you going to be? I'll keep an eye out for you! I'm HOPING to be not-too-far-behind the 1-hour pace bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is puzzling me too! I had it all figured out, but it does seem a bit cool. So hard to know! I think I'll probably make a decision tomorrow night.

    Good luck with all your unknowns! I'm sure everything will work out well, but I can understand why you're anxious too!

    ReplyDelete