Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day

I shared my Mothers Day "within reason list" with Red Fox at supper last night.

For Mothers Day, I personally want a nice long run (gah, it's gonna rain), a nice long hot shower, french toast for breakfast. I'd like to visit someone, (A and LA, perhaps?), and have Little Fox eat his supper without complaint (yeah right). And to top off the day, I really want some chips. I haven't had chips in a LONG time, and I've been craving salt for a day or 2 now.

On my big wish list is (along with all of the above) a Garmin running watch, and to go grocery shopping and fill our fridge with lots of fruits, veggies and meat without worrying about the cost.

Now, on my dream list. Not for me. For other moms.

My mom. I wish I could see my mom every day. I wish I could tell her about EVERY light-bulb moment I have with Little Fox that make me realize everything she did for ME when I was a kid. I wish I could go back in time and give her the whatever she wanted for every Mothers Day. I would clean my room, not slam my door, eat my food, get off the phone at 9 pm, talking nicely, give her a big hug and then leave her in peace for a while to do her own thing. Thank you Mom. I love you. I wish I could give you the trip of a lifetime around the world. That's the only thing I can come up with that wouldn't make me feel like it's not enough. You are a wonderful mom and a fantastic Nan.

My Mother in Law. I couldn't ask for a better mother in law. I totally lucked out in that department. I wish I could give you whatever it is you need to feel comfortable enough to retire.

The wonderful women who helped raise Little Fox as if he was their own: Tracy (dee-dee), Lynn, and Jessica. Thank you. Thank you for your advice, your daily communication, photos and crafts, and for being second moms to our boy. He loves each and every one of you, and talks about you on a regular basis. I'm so glad we found such great women to take care of him.

All my mommy friends (in real life and online), who have been an awesome support system. I hope they all have a day full of love and recognition. I hope they get to sleep in and wake up to a magically clean house, happy and healthy kids, and their favorite snack.

I wrote all of the above last night before bed. This morning Little Fox woke me up at about 7, so I got up and had a little snack and some water, and got ready for a run. I didn't REALLY feel like running, AND it was threatening to rain, but I went anyway. It rained the whole time. And it was windy. But it was a GREAT run. Maybe my best ever. JUST under 10k (I decided against that last hill, so probably 9.5k) in an hour and 12 seconds. 12 SECONDS. That's almost 9 minutes better than my last 10k. I walked MUCH less, ran the hills easier, and just felt good. Only complaint is a blister on my toe. I think from the seam in my sock. Minor.

So now I'm showered, dressed (wearing my cashmere sweater), make up is on, and I'm heading downstairs for some french toast and coffee. So far, so good. :)


1 comment:

  1. Erin....that is fantastic....you are doing do great in your running....I think you should run the 1/2 with me in September here in Eastern Passage. You have lots of time to train!

    And...that was a wonderful post about all your moms. I wish when we were younger that we realized how much our moms gave up for us to ensure we had a meaningful childhood!!!

    ReplyDelete